Local Consumer Segmentation Tool
Localise offers companies and public sector organisations the opportunity to understand their consumers at a local or regional level through a detailed segmentation approach, followed by the integration and overlay mapping of data which already exists, and additional research findings which can be added to over time. Below is a brief outline of the local consumer profiling process.
Step 1: Segmentation and Profiling at a Local Level
- We source the most up-to-date profiling data for the local population (including a range of demographics such as age, gender, ethnicity, health, household status and income).
- We use segmentation analysis to define distinct population segments which we can then create detailed profiles for.
- This segmentation is carried out at a local level (not nationally) meaning that it is highly granular and accurate, and tailored to your local area.
Step 2: Consumer Segmentation & Mapping
- We create a detailed map of your region showing which segments live where.
- This map can be overlaid with mapping of your capital assets, stores, catchment areas, planned areas for a mail-shot or advertising campaign etc.
- This is invaluable for understanding what types of consumer or service user live in different catchment areas or, for example, to identify areas for targeting communications campaigns.
Step 3: Data Integration
- We can use postcodes to match our segment data to other information and data sources – for example transactional data (service or store usage) or survey data.
- This can then be integrated into the segment profiles– so profiles might include information on what services or stores each segments uses, what types of products they buy etc.
- We can then map this to understand where people who need or use certain services live.
Some Examples of How Localise Can Be Used
- Look at the catchment area of a service/capital asset (e.g. library), and see whether the area comprises of consumer segments which use or are likely to need this service.
- Target a communications campaign at the right types of consumer and geographic areas.
- The main benefits are in terms of targeting and tailoring services, capital assets, and communications campaigns.